The Vintage Village

Where Vintage Never Gets Old...

I just noticed that some of my items have migrated to the Back Room without my assistance.  I noticed it first in my Ruby Plaza shop - about 7 or 8 items.  When I checked Ruby Lane there were 2 there as well.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Any idea why it might happen?

Views: 483

Replies to This Discussion

I just found 2 more today.  Both were set to 5 years/unlimited views.  I left them there and sent CS an email about it. It really is strange that it keeps happening so much in RP.  It has happened a couple of times in RL, but I'm seeing at least one or two items every day in RP.  I don't have a lot of items there yet so if I don't stay on top of it, the whole shop will end up in the back room!

I emailed CS about this and they forwarded the issue to Tech.  They are now telling me that it is resolved and shouldn't happen again.  They didn't explain what the issue was, but they did say that it was specific to my shop and not a general problem, so if anyone else is having this issue you may need to contact CS and get them to investigate.

And it just happened again.  Emailing CS again.  :-)

It really is strange.  It only seems to be happening in Ruby Plaza and it is at least one or two items every day or so. 

I haven't heard anything back from CS since the last email I sent.  It just happened to me again in RP after I went through every item to be sure that they were all set correctly.  Fortunately, it hasn't been happening to me on RL - so far. 

I have two items in my Ruby Plaza Backroom again this morning.   I've moved them back to my shop once again.

Ornaments said:

For some reason it seems to be more of a problem with Ruby Plaza than Ruby Lane.  When I checked this morning there were 3 in Ruby Plaza, 1 in Ruby Lane that had migrated.  I don't have that many items in Ruby Plaza.  

I'll keep an eye on the RP shop, don't pay much attention to it, but there is always a lot of items that end up in the backroom. I am going to set them all to the long period and see if any end up in the backroom and I'll let you know what happens.

Ornaments said:

I haven't heard anything back from CS since the last email I sent.  It just happened to me again in RP after I went through every item to be sure that they were all set correctly.  Fortunately, it hasn't been happening to me on RL - so far. 

You've might have said this or have done it but do you make sure that not only the time period and views are checked off but also what to do with the items is checked to leave them in your shop?

Ornaments said:

I went manually through every item in my RP shop.  In any case, if it's set to unlimited views it should not ever put things in the back room - at least that was my understanding.

It sure isn't fixed and not limited to one shop eh? This is so odd no one should have to set that but once and it shouldn't change unless the shop owner changes it.

CheriShops - Admin said:

Dena

I have not only checked the individual items that are moving without permission BUT I have also done a number of power updates to be sure ALL my items are set to 5 years, unlimited views, keep item in shop

It has happened to me often enough now for me to be sure it is another glitch

That's what I'm seeing.  They show the correct settings, the only thing that changes is the setting that says Back room vs. Shop.

I had originally thought that it might have something to do with moving items from RL to RP but I think Carol tried moving items back and forth and it didn't cause her any problems.

RSS

Members

Sponsored ADs

Sponsor Directory

In addition to our Diamond Club Merchant Directory, we also have a Directory of On-Line Vintage Shops for you to browse as well.

Click Image to check it out!

.... Are YOU Listed???

Grab Our Badge!

Help Spread the LOVE!!!

Share Our Site Badge

© 2014   Created by Lora ~ CEO.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service