Live Support

Forums » Clothing

The Lucite Handbag

• 182 posts
    February 3, 2016 5:36 PM EST

Lucite purses.... I always thought they were a little tacky when I was growing up but now I drool over them. The quality endures.

Here is another great article from Pamela wiggens on Values and Prices for 1950's Lucite handbags.

photo credit from pinterest

Snippet from her article

The 1950s were rife with futuristic, modern design. One type of accessory that followed this wave is the Lucite handbag. These purses are avidly sought by vintage enthusiasts, and prices have held their own in the marketplace over the past five to ten years as prime examples are getting harder to come by. A number of these bags sold during a Morphy Auctions live webcast auction in December of 2015.

• 30 posts
    February 17, 2016 11:43 AM EST

Love these, have a few myself! I collect all kinds of vintage bags. Really should downsize.....lol

• February 21, 2016 1:56 PM EST

Fabulous. I have seen these as collections hung on a wall. 

Harder to find the great ones. 

I did not even carry a purse as a teen as I tended to lose them. 

Now I actually collect certain purses also. 

Walborg of Belgium is my fave and Midas of Miami. 

When I collect a vintage purse I then spend months trying to find a suitable matching

vintage clothing piece. 

Nice article. 

• 30 posts
    February 21, 2016 4:16 PM EST

I have tried to get a little bit of everything. I have from antique whiting and davis mesh, to Czech wood bead, tooled leather ( 1920's and 60's), reticule type beaded bags, compact bags, lucite, corde etc. hmmmm I think it is an addiction....

then of course there are the lipstick holders, compacts and bakelite...........

• 30 posts
    February 21, 2016 4:17 PM EST

You mentioned walborg, I like those a lot too, and I have an affection for Charlet bags too.

• February 24, 2016 3:04 PM EST

Always found these fascinating, along with Lucite shoes!

• February 29, 2016 3:43 PM EST

Very interesting. I like your find the best. I never see them here but will be keeping my eye out now.