Live Support

Forums » Shop Talk - Open to the Public

Pinterest Tips & Tricks

• 191 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:13 PM EDT

Share your Pinterest tips and tricks for creating outstanding Pins and Boards!

• 191 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:14 PM EDT

Thanks to Donna - Carolinabluelady for the suggestion!!!!

• 191 posts
    May 25, 2016 3:18 PM EDT

Three ways to make better Pins

Pins are a little like people you'd meet at a party. The most engaging ones tell a great story, make people laugh or add to the conversation.

It’s the same with Pins: the most popular ones have a winning combination of style and substance. Pinterest is a visual platform, so of course you want your Pins to look great—but you also want to pay attention to the details that draw people in, like compelling descriptions, relevant links and useful Rich Pin details.

• 63 posts
    June 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT

Pinterest Planning Calendar

Some good tips on when to pin certain items such as holidays, seasonal, special events and travel.  And breaking it down even further with fashion, decor and foods.

Remember that people using pins are already looking for ideas and special items to purchase.  Pinterest tips suggest that "70% of Pinners take action on Pins and Pinners plan for holidays at least 60 days out - 21% higher than general population."  

• June 7, 2016 11:58 AM EDT

useful Rich Pin details.

------------

care to expand on this? I am curious to what and how to do these. 

• 63 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:10 PM EDT

You can click on the links in the posts above.  There are so many good ideas and suggestions, but here is the link about how to make 'rich' pins depending on what your subject is about.  https://business.pinterest.com/en/rich-pins?utm_medium=pinterest_blog_referral&utm_source=pinterest_blog&utm_campaign=partner_3ways

There is help for App Pins, Recipe Pins, Movie Pins, Product Pins, Traveler Pins and Reading Pins.  While most of us are interested in the Product Pins, I have read that a variety of interesting tidbits should be included on your boards i.e. if you have a board for Christmas Decorations, include a few 'Christmas' recipes, places to spend Christmas at, Christmas traditions etc etc.  

• 63 posts
    June 7, 2016 1:15 PM EDT

I will say that when you do pin, make sure you are going to the source and not to another pin board.  I have clicked on something that I was interested in and was taken on a wild goose chase.  By the time I have clicked 4 or 5 places, I forget what I was looking for.